Welcome to the Foundation of the Hospital de la Familia. We work in one of the poorest regions in the world, the western highlands of Guatemala, to directly address the lack of medical care and education.
The Foundation provides a multi-faceted approach:
- We coordinate volunteer U.S. medical teams to provide specialized surgical and clinical care that is otherwise not available.
- We provide funding to the Hospital de la Familia (HdlF), a Guatemalan-run medical clinic, which offers year-round, affordable general care by Guatemalan doctors.
- The La Familia Eye Center is a state-of-the-art ophthalmology clinic providing regional eye care.
- The HdlF child wellness center rehabilitates the most severe cases of child malnutrition.
- We support child and adult educational programs.
We are particularly proud of what we have accomplished over the past 40+ years! We have evolved from a tiny makeshift clinic in 1976, to a regional, Guatemalan-run medical center, treating nearly 20,000 patients per year.